1. Please note that the area is covered by a Protection Order. A permit is required to fish.
2. Rod and line fishing will only be allowed for trout on the waters during the period of 15th March to 6th October inclusive each year.
3. Fishing shall be by fly only; using a hand held rod, except on such waters as the administrators shall from time to time declare available to other methods. The use of live fish as bait is strictly prohibited. Non-local live fish not to be taken to, or introduced to any waters.
4. Fishing is restricted to one hand held rod per angler at any one time, except as described for trolling on waters where that method is permitted.
5. A maximum of two rods per boat is allowed when trolling on lochs where trolling is permitted and may be secured to the boat. This is the only exception to the hand held rod rule.
6. No boat permits will be issued to persons under 18 years of age. Not more than three adults shall occupy a boat simultaneously unless that boat exceeds 14 feet in length.
7. Fishing is not permitted on W3 (lochan Fearna) or W4 (loch Bad nan Aighean).
8. No Sunday fishing on Lochs Assynt, School, Glen and Awe.
9. No bank fishing on Lochs School, Glen and Awe.
10. Spinning trolling allowed from boat on Lochs Beannach, Cam & Assynt. Loch Assynt has a 4 mile bank zone where spinning with artificial lures is permitted (marked yellow on map).
11. No bank fishing on Loch Assynt (fly or spinning) between the West end boat mooring and the sluice gates (approx 400m stretch).
12. All catches of salmon and seatrout from Lochs Assynt, School, Glen and Awe must be reported to Mackays Hardware in Lochinver using the catch return slip provided (nil catch return not required).
13. Please keep off islands and clear of artificial rafts.
14. No launching or use of boats other than those provided by the Assynt Angling Group.
15. Anglers shall exhibit their permit on demand by any warden who produces their warrant card or Assynt Angling Club member who produces their membership card. Anglers shall exhibit to the aforesaid persons the tackle used and any fish caught if requested.
16. Anglers shall return to the water any fish less than nine inches in length, measured from the nose to the centre of the tail fork. All sea trout must be returned. All hen salmon must be returned after 31st August.
17. Float Tubes are permitted except on lochs Awe and the Glen (Druim Suardalain).
18. Use of personal engines is permitted except on the Glen Loch and the boats located at the Inchnadamph and sluice gate ends of Loch Assynt. Personal engines can be used on the boat located at mid-Assynt.
19. Life jackets are provided free of charge for boat users and must be worn at all times. The primary boat renter must sign a declaration acknowledging that all persons using the boat have been offered a life jacket and anyone failing to use one does so at their own risk.
20. Season, weekly and day permits do not entitle the permit holder to fish the Lonan river or Culag river (above Glen loch and below Glen loch). Access is restricted to Assynt Angling Club members only.
21. The administrators of the Assynt Angling Group reserve the right to amend the aforementioned fishing rules at their discretion.